Thursday, October 23, 2008

Lost another broker

I picked up a letter from my mailbox this evening.

It was from CIMB, my brokerage, I have no intention to open this letter since I have received a lot of letters from them saying the same thing - They have assigned a new trading representative to me. I am guessing since they do not send me letters other than for this reason.

I started with GK GOH in the beginning. That was donkey years ago..............................

My brokers kept leaving, I am not sure if they left for other companies or they had left the industry, I know the market is pretty hard on their business. Not only the current market. Ever since the launch of online trading, a lot of brokers were left broke.

DIY trading is so much competitive in commissions.

I never trade through my brokers ever since I started online unlike those early days of trading which I do not trust the online system.

And I guess those who really survived have upgraded themselves to the role of financial advisers/analysts.

Anyway....I finally opened the letter (before I throw it away), I am not surprised ....... a change of trading representative. This is the 7th time I have received this from CIMB.

"Change is the only constant?"

I guess I have to upgrade myself as well. It's a dreadful rat race which I am grateful that I am still in it (employed) and trying to get out of it (financial freedom).

No comments: