Sunday, October 12, 2008

This weekend is a Monday

Image source: Focus in mind

Bad news, you know what I meant, the crisis and Singapore's heading for recession and possible unemployment in December. G7 coordinated efforts to calm the finanical markets. We will only know how well the markets respond when the market reopen on Monday.

I have already seen the glum in some of the people I know.

A former colleague called me this morning, "I have 2 hamsters to give away, do you want them?". Hmm...this bad huh. I don't keep pets, I have no time for them and I have no tolerance for pet poos. 

I can sing the blues now, not on a Monday but the weekend blues. I am lucky to have my salary increment recently but I am not optimistic about my bonuses, pragmatically, my company shouldn't pay bonuses at all.

I am looking at my own competitiveness now to increase my niche when the market recovers, I need to restructure myself, rejuvenate myself and refresh myself. Continuous upgrading is the key, like what the old text says "Change is the only constant".

The slowdown could be a blessing; it's time for further education.

Do I sound pessimistic here? I hope not.

No comments: